Monday, April 20, 2009

'The Angry Wind'

Perhaps appropriately, today's prompt is to write an angry poem. That is, a poem about someone or something that gets angry. Could be a person, animal, or even them there angry clouds. As usual, I'm excited to see which unexpected directions y'all take with this prompt.

‘The angry wind’

The wind whipped the lone tree,
slashed it in places,
shook it like a rag doll,
dashed the nascent fruit
to the earth,
snapped branches
tore the leaves,
swept them away,
in gusty rage.

Its fury spent,
it howled –
low, eerie.
It moaned,
it moaned.
The piteous moans
seemed to say
to the tired tree,
‘You birthed my anger,
caused it to blow
all over you,
by standing
in my way.’

The tree spoke,
‘My piteous form
reminds you
of your anger.
Makes your angrier.
You have done your job.
I will do mine -
Stay rooted.’

4 comments:

  1. wow what a visual poem... strong images and does absolute justice to the theme... Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so engrossed in the poem that it felt as if I am part of it. stunning visual poetry. loved it very much

    ReplyDelete