Sunday, April 5, 2009

'Mohini my doggie'

“Mohini my doggie”

Mohini my doggie
likes her biscuits soggy

At night she digs up the earth
of uprooted saplings there is no dearth

She frowns on the rest of her ilk
and dines royally on humble rice and milk

She loves roti and ghee
To see her waggish face, that’s a small fee

She rests on the floor under the tap
I say, “What a cool way to nap!”

When we get back from a movie late,
she greets us at the gate post-haste.

She is as common as they come
Yet to send her packing would be dumb

She was a stray
Now she’s here to stay

3 comments:

  1. Poem 4, Written in response to the the day 4 April PAD Challenge. Prompt: write about an animal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice poem. Loved it. I love dogs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Rhett, for reading it.

    ReplyDelete