Wednesday, April 8, 2009

'Every day, I wonder ...' Or 'In random arrangement, thoughts that appear routinely'

For today's prompt, I want you to write a poem about either a specific routine or routines in general. Maybe something related to taking out the trash each week or washing the dishes every night--or something more bizarre (yet still a routine).

‘Thoughts that appear routinely … randomly arranged’

Every day …

Wonder if I droop
Who will make the soup?

Wonder why the sun shines
When my day whines

Wonder when my hibiscus will defy
My doggie’s playful digs and say, ‘Fie!’

Wonder about
Mind with useless thoughts crammed
Heart with useless emotions jammed

Wonder about stranded words
The wanderings of migratory birds

Wonder when I am with ‘poem a day’ obsessed
You think I am by some spirit possessed

Wonder if in poems I dabble
Will you groan, ‘Oh this babble!’

Wonder if what I write
You consider trite

Wonder if I lose serious focus
Will you say, ‘Stop this hocus-pocus!’

Wonder about past lives
About future lives

Wonder when this circle
of life and death will end
Should I ask God
a shy missive send?

Wonder when all go away,
Will you a little longer stay?

Wonder if I should be grumpy
When I feel dull and lumpy

Then I routinely pray
To begin with hope each day.

Don’t wonder, I say
How to live each day
Smiles count
The blessings mount

1 comment:

  1. Excellent .. I love it. Will add flavor to the poem already there. yay Priti

    ReplyDelete